Total Pageviews

Monday 9 January 2012

AT SHAKESPEARE'S TOMBSTONE (A POEM)



AT SHAKESPEARE'S TOMBSTONE.
While looking at Shakespeare's tombstone
I suddenly see a tree of words
Sprouting out of his ashes!
Oh, how many flowers of sonnets and songs
Are blooming merrily on its branches!
How many fairies, sprites and muses
Have perched upon it as singing birds,
While subdued sighs are being heard
From the rustling of its leaves.
And then I feel his gaze upon me!
Yes, he is looking through that slab
At the sky and surroundings
With a childlike curious twinkle
Full of wonder in his hazel eyes,
And he gazes at me as he would at his 'Miranda'!
Oh, just then come a horde of critics,
Who start debating in rusty tones
Whether he really was 'a man of all ages'!
He then slyly smiles at me,
-Yes, he really winks at me!-
And then turns upon his side
And goes back to sleep again
Listening to the lullaby of Avon's undercurrent.
        -Autumn Eliza

16 comments:

  1. Oh you are so lucky to have visited Shakespeare :)Lovely as the mere sight of him and mention of his name cause a fantastic artistic feeling inside ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Autumn Eliza.
    I like the playfulness & imagery of this.
    Nicely done!
    Thanks for sharing & visiting. I appreciate your kind comments.

    I'm your newest follower & hope you will do the same for me too. :-)

    Take Me Under Your Special Wings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky you to visit Shakespeare's tombstone. Loved this post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing!
    Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are on the lucky ones to see this...and for portraying it so well..congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree, I like the playfulness of this!

    AT SHAKESPEARE'S TOMBSTONE...I can only imagine what someone so brilliant might say "Oh, just then come a horde of critics, Who start debating in rusty tones..." ... very well said!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving this...Such a place to be inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shakespeare is one of my favorites especially his sonnets and poems. You have outpassed yourself with this tribute to him, Elle

    ReplyDelete
  9. this makes me smile. playful and mischievous, like the playwright himself ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's was nice !!

    http://www.travelnlife.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely delightful! You made Shakespeare so alive in your description. Well done!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great poem. Shakespeare will always live on through his magnificent works. It's ironic..I just wrote about "death" today...some of my article takes one through a cemetery...I'd love your thoughts on it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. lucky to visit Shakespeare's Tombstone. words that you shared were so natural and genuine.

    loved your pom, Elle:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This was truly inspired. I do believe he spoke to you!

    http://lyricfire.typepad.com/lyric-fire/2012/01/lyric-fire-soul-diving-partial-poempart-confession.html

    ReplyDelete